At times, don’t you feel like life can’t possibly get worse because you have a million exams and readings waiting for you, and it feels like your head is going to explore any second? Well, life can be tedious and tiring and we all know that. But over the years, I’ve learned that even though outside is dark and gloomy, it can still be all bright and sunny inside!
Here is how you do it:
- Do something different to your hair. Be it a fancy hair-pin, french braid or even just a pony tail. It can switch your mindset 180 degrees around.
- Don’t listen to your usual playlist. Listen to something you don’t normally listen to. If the stress is too much, try listening to something that can cheer you up. Even the sky is raining like no tomorrow, it’s always nice to put on some nice music to make your day go better (or faster). I highly recommend Lily Allen and Mika, they are my top feel-good-about-yourself artists.
- Squeeze some time for a run. Not only is it good for your physical health, but also your mental health! It clears your head and keeps you feeling energized. And that shower after the run is amazing. Most people will probably think that going for a run only exhausts you more, but quite to the contrary, it’ll only make you feel happier. You’ll be surprised by how great you’ll feel afterwards.
- Take a different route to school. Well, only if you’re not in a rush that is. While you’re on your “road less travelled”, try to take some time and do some people-watching or even just look at the trees and the clouds. I’m sure you’ll find it very soothing like I do.
- Indulge yourself in something sweet. My personal favourite is Bubble Tea. You can also get a cookie from your favourite coffee shop. I’m sure it’ll do the trick just fine. There’s nothing better than to treat yourself to something nice at the end of the day.
- Watch some comedies. A short one that’s around 20 minutes should do. The point is to not think. It can be a great time for your mind to relax and also get a good laugh (and burn those calories!).
We all have times when it feels like the end of the world, quite literally. But there’s always a way to get by these difficult times. The trick is change your state of mind a little bit. Do something different each day and I’m sure you’ll get through it just fine.